Ethics Advisory Committee
The Ethics Advisory Committee is a sub-committee of SASPA, focusing on the ethical dilemmas psychologists face in clinical practice.
The primary task of the EAC is to provide support and guidance to SASPA members on ethical dilemmas and matters pertaining to ethical aspects of general professional conduct.
The EAC will:
Ensure that submission of ethical dilemmas and concerns are made according to the following procedure:
- SASPA members are invited to email a detailed account of the ethical dilemma, concern or enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Chair will acknowledge receipt of the dilemma in writing
- Members of the EAC will meet to discuss the ethical dilemma and the Chair will email a detailed response to the practitioner regarding his or her dilemma or concern within 30 days
- Should the dilemma or concern remain unresolved, and should the practitioner consider it helpful, the EAC will be available for further consultation
- All ethical dilemmas will be discussed in the strictest confidence and within the confines of the EAC only, except in those circumstances where consultation with a third party is considered necessary. The same rules of confidentiality will apply.